Join the STEM Education Coalition for a virtual briefing for Congressional staff and federal agency officials that will explore the impacts of the COVID-19 crisis on current and long term trends in the education and workforce development of technicians in the science, technology, engineering, and math fields. Our panelists will bring a wide range of perspectives across multiple industries as we feel our way through the current climate and what it portends for these in-demand skills and future jobs.
- Karen Johnson, Associate Professor, Department of Aviation Technologies, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Walt Langley, Vice President of Industry Alliances, Universal Technical Institute
- Tamika Duplessis, Acting Vice-Chancellor for Student Affairs & Executive Dean, City Park Campus, Delgado Community College
- Utaukwa Allen, Senior Director of Global Community Development, Microsoft
- David Baker, Professor of Chemistry, Delta College, Michigan
- James Brown, Executive Director, STEM Education Coalition (Moderator)