The guest editors are proud to invite contributions for researchers and practitioners examining how emerging sensor-based physical computing systems can be used to support innovative computing education for all students at all grade levels. This Special Issue will provide a forum for describing innovative approaches to using programmable sensor technologies in a range of educational settings. Papers are solicited on the general theme of this issue. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing the use of sensor technology in education settings;
- Describing the development of science and data science instructional materials that integrate sensor technology;
- Investigating how students engage in authentic scientific practices through exploring phenomena using sensor technology;
- Describing the development of real-time data displays of sensor data streams to support learning;
- Supporting the development of students’ computational thinking in sensor-based instructional materials; and
- Describing the development of physical computing learning environments integrating sensor technology.
Prof. Dr. Mimi Recker
Dr. Colin Hennessy Elliott
Dr. Quentin Biddy
Deadline for submissions: 31 October 2021.