Subscribe to the CIRCLS Newsletter and stay connected to the latest research on emerging learning technologies.
||News & Notes Items
- Digital Promise is hosting webinars to engage educators and researchers in a new conversation about how artificial intelligence will shape education. The “Educators, Artificial Intelligence, and the Future of Learning” Webinar series will focus on AI research projects around assessment, teacher support, and learning environments. The first webinar is on March 2 at 5:30 pm ET and will explore AI and assessment. #AIandEdu Twitter Chat to follow immediately after.
- At CIRCLS, we support a vibrant community of researchers investigating emerging technologies for teaching and learning that will be available to learners in 5-10 years. A necessary dimension of this work is thinking about the future of our interdisciplinary field, the newcomers, and the best ways to support them. Our new Emerging Scholar CIRCLS community assists and champions those who are the future of the field and joins them on their journey. For more information and to join, visit our webpage.
- The Educational Opportunity Project (EOP) at Stanford University just released new data in version 4.0 of the Stanford Education Data Archive (SEDA), a comprehensive national database of 10 years of academic performance data from 2008-2009 to 2017-2018. Explore the new data and features here
- New research about trends in academic achievement and educational opportunity
- Call for Submissions: Learning, Design, and Technology: An International Compendium of Theory, Research, Practice and Policy. Eds. M. Specter, B. Lockee, and M. Childress. A Major Reference Work from AECT-Springer. Initial proposals are due February 15. For more information, see the full call.
- We invite nominations or self-nominations for the Program Committee to plan the 2021 CIRCLS Convening (online; date TBD — most likely fall 2021). We welcome PIs, graduate students, post-docs, practitioners, and other stakeholders. Please use this contact form to indicate interest.
- NSF is Hiring!
- Call for Papers: Advanced Engineering Informatics Special Issue on Emerging Learning Technologies for Future of Work and Education in Engineering
- Call for Submissions: Learning at Scale 2021
- NSF Mid-scale Research Infrastructure (Mid-scale RI – 2) Solicitation and Webinars